I usually don't do a followup Dancing With The Stars post after my first-week predictions, but this week was...weird...enough to make a few observations...
- Overall, some significantly improved performances--and our first 10s of the season! I even thought Jake the Bachelor and Dreamy Aiden did reasonably well.
- Surprisingly levels of hostility leveled at the pros--"I'm telling you" and "I'll leave", among the more notable comments. Credit to Len for telling the stars to start behaving themselves. And Kate--sweetie--once again you showed you're not here to dedicate your performance to your family or make yourself a better person, but just to get a little more famous. If you can make Tony angry enough to quit, then your priorities are seriously off. Take a hike. You don't deserve to be here.
- Niecy Nash is the funniest person I've ever seen on this show. And I thought she got robbed with her dance.
- Shame on the producers for bringing Buzz Aldrin on board. An 80-year-old man with no dance experience is bound to have some challenges, and forcing the judges to say critical things (as Len noted) about an American legend is just not fair. While Buzz is enjoying himself, it's kind of a lose-lose for the judges and the audience.
- Good heavens! Pamela Anderson looked like a lady. Who knew?
- Alas, it turns out Chad's not quite as versatile as some of his NFL predecessors; so much for last week's prognostications. And, for a change, I was in complete agreement with Len's admittedly harsh assessment. I had to fast-forward through it...
- And now, aside from Nicole, I have no idea who's in it for the finals.