My, my my--the judges seemed unusually harsh tonight, didn't they? Although, to be honest, after nine seasons, the professionals should know better than to stray from 'accepted' practices (yes, I'm talking about you, Dmitiri). As far as the ladies of this season...
- Debi Mazar: Talented actress, great attitude, but I have to agree with the judges that she needs some polish.
- Melissa Joan Hart: Ditto.
- Mya: Holy revelation, Batman! Who knew? Apparently not Dmitri, who got punished (not entirely unfairly) for inappropriate non-Viennese chorography. Hopefully he'll get his act together to maximize her competitiveness.
- Kathy Ireland: Good heavens--she's a CEO? And how does Tony get partnered with the cougar every season? Looked like she was having fun, but, again, a bit low on polish and energy.
- Natalie Coughlin: This season's Shawn Johnson? Great form and grace, but needs a bit more confidence. Smile, Natalie!
- Macy Gray: WTF? Does she even know where she is? Does she care? "I can't wait to show American how hard I've been working"? It was great to see her smile, but I would have liked to see her pay attention to, gosh, I don't know--the beat? And OMG--did she just say "bust my cherry" on live national TV? Clearly this season's Cloris Leachman
- Joanna Krupa: A refreshingly down-to-earth supermodel, lucky enough to be partnered with the very talented Derrek Hough. And, gosh, can she move!
- Kelly Osborne: Wow! Biggest surprise of the season so far! Credit to Louis for the choreography and instruction. And her footwork during the cha-cha relay? Fabulous!